Team Building, Awards Recognition, and More at July’s GFWC/OHIO Leadership Day
WCBG members Miriam Martin and Susan Enright attended the GFWC/Ohio Leadership Day in Dublin on Saturday, the 17th of July. They were greeted by Ohio President, Marjean Sizemore, and all of Ohio’s District Presidents – including (also WCBG members) Northwest District Co-Presidents, Mary Boone and Kathy East, as well as Evelyn Bachman, Great Lakes Region board member & budget committee member and legislation committee representative, GFWC Signature Project Domestic Violence Chair, Education & Libraries Chair, and Memorial Shrine trustee Committee member.
It was a very enjoyable day. GFWC/Ohio’s LEADS candidates for 2020 and 2021 were announced and congratulated, and the day included fun team building exercises. We learned that we all have leadership qualities – and all qualities are needed to lead effectively. That’s why we depend on all members, because each member has some aspect of leadership that gives value and a wholeness to decisions for the club.
Also, Ohio First Vice President, Yvonne Ford, gave us our GFWC/Ohio awards from our 2020-21 programs:
- Women’s Club of Bowling Green Ranked #2 in the Top 20 Clubs!
- Jessie June McGee Junior Achievement Cup Top 20 Clubs
- 100 Year Anniversary Certificate
WCBG also received Outstanding Participation certificates for:
- State Award in the Arts & Culture
- State Award in the ESO
- State Award for the Education & Libraries
- Book Bingo Award for the Education & Libraries (the club received $50 for this award)
- Loyal Jonquils presented to Evelyn Bachman for the Capital Member Campaign
- Feed our Future for the GFWC Ohio President Special Emphasis
We also received the Clubwoman Anniversary certificates for:
- Sharon Franklin – 25 years
- Linda Hamilton – 25 years
- Marilyn Ward – 25 years
It took special effort to accomplish these Ohio awards during Covid – so together we can be proud of our club and the work we accomplished.